CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A day off!

Yay!  I have a day off from volunteering today!Happy Smiley  While I do enjoy volunteering, it is nice to have a little break.  This week I worked in the gift shop, switchboard, and physcial therapy.  Working in the gift shop was really fun.  I got to stock the shelves, help customers, and even got to run the cash register, lol...that was pretty cool.  The lady who ran the gift shop also let me have a snack and drink, so I got a package of crackers and a Dr. Pepper, great!  Working the switchboard was kind of slow, I mostly tell people the room number of a patient they want to visit.  But it was worth the boredom because I was given a dessert by one of the workers there (she had changed her mind about eating it, I guess).  It was a chocolate pudding dessert covered in Cool Whip....it was great!Eating  Food Smiley

Monday night was fun.....we went to a baseball game to watch a minor league team play.  It was a great!  I bought myself a slice of pizza Edible/Food Smilies and some nachos soaked in cheese sauce.  Being a girl who loves sports, I really enjoyed the game.  But the game was tied by the 9th inning, so they ended up playing 11 innings til the other team finally won the game.  It was really late when we got home from the game but, even though I was tired, I had a great time!

As for me, I am spending my day off listening to music Happy Smiley and reading a book by Toilken.....sigh, it's nice to relax!

Catlover
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you have had an enjoyable time volunteering. But enjoy your day off, listen to music, read, and all that fun stuff. :D

    Have a wonderful day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave a comment....I love comments!