CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 10, 2011

On summer break!

Undergound  Ok, I am positively meltin here on my summer break.  Our weather has been in the 90's lately with no rain in sight, so my morning glories are suffering a little bit.  But inspite of the heat I am enjoying my break from school.  We had a nice time at my brother's graduation from homeschool and I had a great time at the book fair.  I bought a book of Shakespeare plays, I just love Shakespeare....yes, I know, I'm weird, lol!Smiley  I also bought the Narnia books on audio CDs, yay!  I then came across the most wonderful stuff, lol.....I found a booth that had all things "Lord of the Rings", woo hoo!  I ended up buying "The Silmarillion” by Tolkien and an art book of all the drawings found in the Lord of the Ring trilogy.  They also had "Literary Lessons from Lord of the Rings", a literature/composition/vocabulary curriculum.  I had my mom look thru it and asked if I could use this instead of SOS for my language arts this Fall.  She said yes, but she also bought me something different for grammar as well.  Woo hoo again!SmileyI am thrilled, lol.  I think language arts will be more fun this Fun...or at least as fun as it can get, lol.

I have not been doing too much else during my break as I am still waiting to be called for my interview about being a Junior Volunteer at the hospital.  There are so many teens wanting to be volunteers but they don't have enough spots to fill.  So, they are having interviews to help them pick which teens get to be Junior Volunteers this summer.  I got to do this last summer and had a lot of fun (specially when I helped in the hospital cafeteria, lol).  For now, I have been spending my time reading, playing computer games, cooking, and playing with my cats. Speaking of cooking, I made ton of potato salad today, it tastes great.  I am taking it to our family reunion tomorrow where there will be lots more food....it will be fun!

Have a nice day!

Catlover2

1 comment:

  1. It looks as if you've been pretty busy! :D I pray you get to volunteer at the hospital. Sounds like that would be a great experience. :) Try to keep cool! :D
    Have a wonderful day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

Please, please, please leave a comment....I love comments!